Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No, I'm not a doctor. I just look like one!



Surgical masks are SO HOT right now! At least that's the case in Japan where hospital chic is a fashion DO favored by the public transportation set (which is basically everyone!).

I decided to put this "trend" to the test and donned the white mask myself. A little self-conscious at first, I quickly grew comfortable in the warmth of my trendy, new mask. As I went about my business, I found myself checking out other peoples' masks and comparing styles. No, not all masks are created equal. Obvi. I also began to feel a slight kinship with my fellow mask wearers, smiling in their direction before realizing that they wouldn't have a clue what was going on under my glamorous woven cotton! Speaking did present a small challenge since my muffled attempts at Japanese were not always easily understood and the lip gloss I had been wearing was now being worn by my mask. So much mask drama!

However, I was not approached by any injured or doctor-seeking people, which I see as a great success! (It had been a serious concern! Haha) Maybe I'll switch it up and go for the pink mask tomorrow, now that's HOT! lol!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment