Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My FaBuLoUs Valentine's Day Surprise!!

We celebrated my fave holiday, Valentine's Day, a little early this year b/c of our fabulously busy schedule! But before I mention that, here's a little background on how they do things over here, b/c in Japan, Valentine's Day is a little (OK, a LOT) different!

On February 14th, women actually give the men in their lives (boss, coworker, boyfriend, husband, father in law, etc.) obligatory chocolate. Yes, they are obligated to give men chocolate!! However, just one month later on March 14th, Japanese women have White Day. (This also happens to be my birthday, which you can imagine I am NOT so happy about sharing w/ every other female over here!!) On White Day, the men give a gift of chocolate back to the women they received it from on Valentine's Day- but there's a lovely catch! The chocolate the men give is supposed to be three times as nice as the chocolate they received!!! Yeah ladies!! Make an investment in February and make a quick profit by March! Fabulous and edible, what could be better?!!

Now, you're probably wondering, being that I'm in Japan, I must be doing as the Japanese do, right? WRONG! I woke up to a delicious heart-shaped strawberry cake (pictured above, and lovingly made by Charlton), a gorgeous bouquet of roses, and a handmade Valentine card!!!!! :-) Now that's how Valentine's Day was meant to be celebrated!!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I better get David a chololate diamond or something! LOL

    Oh and I found the mascara in Jusco for 21 bucks.. with my allergies right now.. can't wear it because my eyes are constantly itchy. Boooo!

    ReplyDelete